The route has been revealed for this year’s Star Trekk walk for Queenscourt Hospice, which will take place this Friday (6th May 2022).
Hundreds of people of all ages are taking part in the fun event, to raise vital funds for the charity.
Entry is £25, and you can sign up here: www.queenscourt.org.uk/startrekk
All Trekkers will receive a t-shirt and medal.
The route is:
- From Pleasureland head out along Marine Drive
- Turning onto Marine Parade then onto Nevill Street
- Continue onto Lord Street, Eastbank Street then onto Scarisbrick New Road
- At Kew Roundabout turning right onto Town Lane and across the entrance to Queenscourt Hospice
- Turn into Southbank Road onto Cemetery Road, Eastbourne Road, and onto Liverpool Road
- Continue through Birkdale village across level crossing and onto Weld Road
- Past Fisherman’s Rest and right onto Rotten Row
- Returning back to Pleasureland
People are still being invited to take part in the Star Trekk walk this Friday, either as participants, or as volunteers to support the event.
Every single penny really does count, and by supporting Star Trekk, one of Queenscourt’s key fundraising events, you will be helping #teamqueenscourt to continue providing exceptional palliative care for local people across West Lancashire, Formby and Southport, when they need it the most.
A Queenscourt Hospice spokesperson said: “Since Star Trekk began 16 years ago our wonderful Trekkers have raised over £870,000!
“The evening starts at Pleasureland, Southport with a fun party atmosphere where you can enjoy the pre-Trekk entertainment, with the walk starting at 7.30pm.
“The walk is a healthy, energising and fun event open to everyone, you can take part on your own, with family and friends, with your exercise class, with your work colleagues, with your school, the choice is yours….
“Many Trekkers walk in memory of a loved one or because Queenscourt has supported them personally, while others take part for a fun night out and to raise money for their local hospice.
“Whether you are a ‘brand new’ Trekker or you have been Trekking with us before we look forward to welcoming you for what promises to be a fun-filled evening.”
To sign up to the Queenscourt Hospice Star Trekk 2022 please visit: www.queenscourt.org.uk/startrekk
If anyone would like to become a Star Trekk Marshall to help out along the route, please get in touch on 01704 517420 or email firstname.lastname@example.org