The Atkinson, on Lord Street in Southport, has an amazing opportunity for a young person aged 18 – 24, living in Sefton to join them for one year in a paid traineeship in partnership with the British Museum.
Museum Futures is investing in paid training opportunities to encourage a wider range of people to work in the museum sector and open up museum careers to people from groups which are currently under-represented in the museum workforce.
An Atkinson spokesperson said: “This is such a great opportunity for a young person in Sefton to get a chance of a paid, high quality traineeship.
“Trainees will gain a diploma, in-work training and experiences to build their CV, so we encourage young people aged 18-24 that have not completed an undergraduate degree to apply. Candidates should be IT literate and curious about museum work and digital technology.” No previous museum experience is necessary (candidates with over six months experience in a museum and or postgraduate qualification are not eligible to apply).
- work full time at The Atkinson, Southport (35 hours pw)
- start in January 2021
- earn a bursary of £14,650 (tax free)
- attend monthly training sessions at partner museums across the UK (travel expenses paid)
- work towards a Level 3 Cultural heritage qualification
- contribute to innovative digital projects and be fully trained on digitalisation, including 2D photography of our collection and on our collections database to update our digital documentation.
The Atkinson will host an info session on Zoom at 2pm on 14th October 2020 (interested people need to sign up in order to be sent the meeting link, attendance is encouraged but not necessary to apply for the traineeship) and the application deadline is 12th November 2020.
For a full role description, how to join the info session and to apply online please go to https://www.museumfutures.co.uk/theatkinson