Southport and Ormskirk Hospitals Charity is looking for volunteers to join the team of amazing community ambassadors.
If you are a supporter or a friend of Southport and Ormskirk hospitals, this is a great opportunity to represent your hospitals’ charity in your community.
Charity chair Neil Masom said: “Volunteer community ambassadors raise awareness of both Southport and Ormskirk hospitals, as well as representing the charity locally. How much time you give is entirely up to you, but every hour you give really does make a crucial difference.
“Our charity is more important than ever now, with NHS staff, volunteers and patients struggling in extraordinary circumstances as a result of Covid-19. The charity allows us to fund those extras, which support our teams’ welfare and improve our patients’ experiences.”
Peter Lloyd, who has just raised £700 for the charity’s Covid-19 Urgent Staff, Volunteer and Patient Welfare Appeal through a sponsored 200-mile cycle ride has spoken of his delight at signing-up to be their first-ever Volunteer Community Ambassador.
He said: “I couldn’t be prouder to be taking on this new community ambassador role for our amazing local hospitals. I’m looking forward to volunteering alongside many more people who want to spread the word about the charity and inspire new supporters to get involved.”
Read More: Beach goers cut off by rising tide rescued by Southport Lifeboat
Ways you can get involved
Championing Southport and Ormskirk Hospitals Charity in the community, using your networks and contacts to spread the word and promote and inspire fundraising
- Attending cheque presentations and thanking our brilliant supporters face-to-face
- Sharing your local knowledge to help identify future fundraising and charity partnership opportunities
- Giving short, inspiring talks on the charity and work of the hospitals to a variety of community groups
- Supporting social media campaigns by sharing content with your own network
- Placing and collecting our coin collections tins located in cafes, restaurants, bar, shops and across our community
What the charity asks of you
Can you commit to the volunteer community ambassador role for a period of at least six months?
- Are you looking for a varied and flexible role?
- Do you have a personal connection to the hospital (it’s not essential) and would like to share your story?
- Do you enjoy speaking in public (it’s not essential)?
- Do you enjoy fundraising and meeting with like-minded people?
What the charity offers you
Meetings with hospital and charity staff as well as the opportunity to meet like-minded individuals and be part of a close support network of volunteers
- Resources to enable you to fundraise and to give short-talks / presentations on the hospitals and on the charity
- Ongoing support from our dedicated volunteer manager and charity fundraising manager
- Regular updates on how your time and work is making a crucial difference
- The opportunity to develop new skills, self-confidence and valuable work experience
- Reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses
How to apply
For further details about becoming a volunteer community ambassador please contact Ashley on 01704 704 714 or email email@example.com.
DO you have a story for Stand Up For Southport? Please message us via Facebook or email Andrew Brown at: firstname.lastname@example.org