Volunteers from a community football club are helping people in Formby to reach medical centres to get their Covid-19 vaccinations for free.
Formby Community Football Club, which launched last year, issued a rallying cry to local people saying “the comeback is always stronger than the setback.”
They said: “Formby Community Football Club are offering lifts to those who can’t get to Ainsdale the Ainsdale Centre for Health and Wellbeing for the Covid vaccination.
“It will be one volunteer per household, we will drive them to Ainsdale, wait whilst they have the vaccination and then drive them back home free of charge.
“Please call us on: 01704876616 to book in.”
The Coronavirus vaccines are currently being given out in a priority order, with those in Phase One including:
- Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- All those 75 years of age and over
- All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- All those 65 years of age and over
- All individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- All those 60 years of age and over
- All those 55 years of age and over
- All those 50 years of age and over.
Formby Community Football Club is an FA Charter Standard Community Club providing football for girls, boys, ladies, men and walking football with 28 teams and 392 members.
For more details about the club please visit: www.formbycommunityfc.com