This November, Sefton Council will continue to support Coronavirus testing, seven days a week, at locations across the Borough – ensuring an easy and straightforward process for those with symptoms to book a test.
Mobile Testing Units, where residents can drive in for their booked tests, and local walk-through test centres will operate at various locations in Sefton.
You should only get a test if you have any of these COVID-19 symptoms:
- A high temperature
- Persistent cough
- Loss of taste or smell
Mobile Testing Units
Tests at mobile centres are available for anyone with symptoms but they need to have made an appointment first at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or by calling 119.
Remaining planned dates and locations for November are:
- Mon 9 – Southport, Litherland
- Tues 10 – Southport, Litherland
- Weds 11 – Southport, Litherland
- Thurs 12 – Southport, Litherland, Ainsdale, Aintree
- Fri 13 – Southport, Litherland, Ainsdale, Aintree
- Sat 14 – Southport, Litherland, Maghull, Ainsdale,
- Sun 15 – Southport, Litherland, Maghull, Ainsdale,
- Mon 16 – Southport, Litherland, Ainsdale, Aintree
- Tues 17 – Southport, Litherland, Ainsdale, Aintree
- Weds 18 – Southport, Litherland, Ainsdale, Aintree
- Thurs 19 – Southport, Litherland, Ainsdale, Aintree
- Fri 20 – Southport, Litherland, Ainsdale, Aintree
- Sat 21 – Southport, Litherland
- Sun 22 – Maghull
- Mon 23 – Litherland
- Tues 24 – Litherland
- Weds 25 – Southport
- Thurs 26 – Southport
- Fri 27 – Southport
- Sun 29 – Maghull
- Mon 30 – Southport
Please do note that these planned dates and sites may need to change at short notice if testing is required in other locations across Merseyside.
Mobile Testing Units, which are supported by Sefton Council, NHS Southport and Formby CCG and NHS South Sefton CCG, have visited locations across the Borough on most days since July.
Local Test Centres
Local walk-through test centres continue to operate seven days a week from 8am to 8pm. You need an appointment from www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or by calling 119 or the Council’s Contact Centre on 0345 140 0845.
The four local test centres are located at:
- Bootle Town Hall L20 7AA (Front Car Park)
- Crosby Library Car Park, Haigh Road L22 OLQ
- Netherton Activity Centre, Glovers Land L30 3TL
- Southport Town Hall (Community Room) PR81DA
Margaret Jones, Sefton’s Director of Public Health, said: “By taking a test as soon as we have any of the coronavirus symptoms, a new persistent cough, a high temperature or a loss of our sense of taste or smell, we can reduce the risk of passing COVID-19 on to others.
“We have almost daily mobile testing site facilities and four walk-through sites in Sefton, and there is now more lab capacity to process test results and speed up responses.
“I would encourage anyone who needs a test to book one, by calling 119 or visiting www.nhs.uk/coronavirus and help protect the lives and livelihoods of our families, our friends and our communities.”
Liverpool Mass Testing
Sefton residents who work or study in Liverpool can now access a coronavirus test even if they don’t have symptoms. As a result of the support Sefton Council is providing, local residents who qualify under Liverpool’s new mass testing system, because they work or study in the city, can get tests closer to home. Their results will be available in 24 to 48 hours.
Book one of these COVID-19 tests.
Do you have any stories for Stand Up For Southport? Please message Andrew Brown via Facebook here or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org