Tickets have nearly sold out for a Sportsman’s Dinner in Southport with Liverpool FC and England legend John Barnes as the guest speaker.
People keen to enjoy the event are being encouraged to book them fast before they sell out.
A very special VIP Sponsorship Package is also available for a table of 8 with opportunities including a meet and greet with John Barnes at a private pre-drinks reception with your table guests, plus photo opportunities with John Barnes.
The Sportsman’s Dinner is being held at Bliss Hotel in Southport on Thursday, 28th October, to raise money for the Make A Change For Ben campaign. The event is being organised by Ben’s cousin, Lucy Smith-Crallan.
Guests will be able to enjoy a three course meal, with a raffle and an auction on the night, with tickets £70 each. Tables of 8 will be discounted to £500 per table.
For tickets please call Lucy on: 07811391320 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The campaign was launched in memory of Ben Smith-Crallan, who tragically died aged 37 after he fell into the lake at Botanic Gardens in Churchtown in Southport.
All money raised on the night will go towards making safety improvements at the park, including cleaning up the lake, installing water aeration fountains, and adding railings along lake edges.
The campaign is being led by members of Ben’s family and by David Rawsthorne, Ben’s closest friend.
David Rawsthorne said: “We are very nearly at full capacity for the Sportsman’s Dinner which is simply amazing news!
“The community support and backing has been outstanding and we couldn’t have envisaged how brilliant everyone has been.
“I want to do a personal shout out to Jess Thwaites who has been simply awesome. She has been actively backing me since we met a few months ago, and over the last couple of weeks has taken full control of the raffle side of things.
“Myself, Lucy Smith-Crallan and Anna Matthews have all been working extremely hard also, but we all have a direct link to Ben. Jess has done everything out of community spirit and I don’t know where we would be without her help.
“I’d also like to thank Nicola Cave and Lindsay Fiona whose help along the way has also been essential to the success of the campaign.
“Here’s hoping we can raise a huge chunk of money at the event and see all required works surrounding the lake carried out before next spring / summer.”
The VIP Sponsorship package includes:
- Meet and greet with John Barnes at a Private Pre drinks reception with your table guests, first drink included.
- Photo opportunities with John Barnes, and use of your company backdrop is optional and provided by yourself.
- Table of 8 including John as your guest
- Two bottles of house red and white wine (or beers to the same value if preferred)
- Three course meal, live auction
- Company logo and mentions on all promotional material and press including social media, prior to, on the night and post event.
- Verbal credits throughout the evening.
The cost of the VIP Sponsorship package is £2,000.
Lucy Smith-Crallan said: “We really want this to be not only a fundraising event but also a night to remember Ben, who would have loved to be there
“Let’s remember this cause can help prevent this from ever happening again.
“No family should have to go through losing someone so unnecessarily.
“If everyone could share news of this Sportsman’s Dinner, please do so.”
- The Sportsman’s Dinner with special guest John Barnes is being held at Bliss Hotel in Southport on Thursday, 28th October, to raise money for the Make A Change For Ben campaign.
- Guests will be able to enjoy a three course meal, with a raffle and an auction on the night, with tickets £70 each. Tables of 8 will be discounted to £500 per table. For tickets please call Lucy on: 07811391320 or email: email@example.com